Canby News Article 1988

Porter's New Look

Porter's main street took on a new look recently with the renovation of the corner Melrose building. Old windows were removed, and the wall was completely redone with a new door in the corner. Sig Armitage painted the Porter Centennial emblem (which had originally been designed by Doug Dybsetter) on the center panel and wooden shakes fill above the picture. More work is to be done before the wall is completed but the colorful painting perks up the old Berg building which was built in 1909.

 

Back to Present day Porter