Porter Flood of 1930
The State Bank of Porter
(later the Post Office and now the Quilting "B") and Art Speight's
Auto Garage in the Great Flood
The Porter Fire Hall
(later moved to the north side of Porter Co-op Oil Co.) and the
Berg Building on Highway 68.
Driving into Porter on
Highway 68 from the East, the area with trees is now home to SMI
and Hydraulics INC.
Man Standing in the middle
of what is now County Road 16, looking towards Porter's
South-side. If you can identify this man, please inform
The Porter Depot, at the
time located on Highway 68. The Property is now on the south side
of Highway 68. The Depot can now be found on The Clarice Ningen
Residence, located on the 300th block of North Brook Avenue.
Workers Securing the
Railroad bridge over the North Fork of the Yellow Medicine River.
This photo is taken from the Porter side of the river looking
Porter's South Eastern
edge, the south side of what is now South Brook Avenue.
< Return to
Porter History Library